Good attendance is important for the student and the rest of the class. Missed classes may be made up by attending a similar level class on the schedule. Missed classes will not be pro-rated and cannot be made up in lieu of tuition. Classes missed, when the studio is closed for scheduled closings, are not included in the tuition and are not made up.
Class placement is important and Center Stage Dance Studio will determine the proper class level for all students. Students are placed according to experience, ability and age. It may be necessary to try a student in more than one level of a class in order to determine the proper placement.
It is mandatory that students wear the proper dance attire to class. The appropriate
color and type, of bodywear and footwear, will be advised upon registering.
- In general, students age 3 to 7 wear pink leotards, while older students wear black leotards.
- Male students wear black dance pants and white t-shirts.
- All classes require dance shoes. For your convenience, dancewear and footwear may be purchased at the studio during registration.
- It is mandatory that students wear the proper dance attire to class. Students will not be permitted to take class without it. If a student is not dressed properly, they will be asked to observe the class.
- All students must wear long hair in a ponytail braid or bun. Ballet students must wear hair in a bun.
- No jewelry should be worn to class.
- Leotards must be a solid color, without large colored pictures on them.
- Loose t-shirts, boxer shorts, pajamas, jeans or stiff tutus are not permitted in any class.
In order to achieve the best learning environment and comfort for all students and families, it is important that the following studio rules be followed:
- Students should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of their scheduled class and must be picked up promptly at the end of class.
- Do not leave unattended siblings at the studio.
- Students should be on time and prepared for class.
- If a student arrives late for class, she/he may be asked to observe the class, due to missing part of the warm-up.
- Make sure your child uses the bathroom before class.
- Proper behavior is expected before, during and after class.
- Cell phones are not permitted in the dance rooms.
- Picture and video taking is prohibited in the studio.
- Street shoes may not be worn in the dance rooms.
- Students only are allowed into the dance rooms.
- The studios are equipped with cameras and classes are shown live on the waiting room tv.
- Cameras are on according to the posted schedule and will not be put on by request.
- Gum is not allowed in the studio.
- We understand that some children are on schedules, where they will need to eat between classes: students can eat in the student lounge area designated for eating and be sure to clean up.
- Drinks are permitted in the waiting area.
- Please clean up any mess made.
- Please keep the waiting area, student lounge and dressing area neat and clean for the enjoyment of others.
- Students may bring water bottles into the dance room; only water will be allowed into the dance room.
- Put your name on the inside of all shoes.
- Center Stage Dance Studio Inc. is not responsible for any lost articles of clothing or personal belongings.
- Personal toys will not be allowed into the dance room.
Inclement Weather & School Closings
In case of inclement weather, call the studio one half hour before your class. A message will tell you if classes have been cancelled. An email will also be sent, if possible. Inclement weather and emergency closings are treated as absences and make up classes can be arranged. No refunds will be made.
The school will be closed on the days indicated on the school calendar. These dates have been figured into the tuition and are not made up.
Tuition & Payment Policies
(for rates see Tuition under the About Us tab)
- Registration and tuition payments must be made prior to attending class.
- Registration and tuition payments may be made by check, cash or credit card (Mastercard or Visa)
- Credit cards are accepted for charges over $20.
- There is a $30 service charge for returned checks.
- There is a $10 late fee per month for any payment made 7 days after the due date.
- Registration at Center Stage Dance Studio Inc., for full season classes, is a financial commitment to the end of the season (May 17, 2021).
- Tuition will not be refunded for absences from class.
Full Season Classes
If for any reason, the student decides to withdraw from the program, the studio must be notified in writing. Written withdrawals received on or before September 29, 2020, will be refunded 100% of tuition paid. Written withdrawals received after September 29, 2020 will be charged $25.00 per class enrolled, per week, from September 21, 2020 until the date the written withdrawal is received. The student will then be refunded for any amount due or charged for any amount owed. There will be no tuition refunds made after December 5, 2020. There are no refunds for recital costumes, tickets or ordered merchandise.
CENTER STAGE DANCE STUDIO’S COVID-19 STUDIO GUIDELINES & POLICIES
Our student’s health and safety are our priority. We are taking all precautions to provide the safest and best dance class experience possible. We have installed Remi-Halo air purification systems in each of HVAC systems. We are using high quality cleaning and sanitizing products. Everyone in the studio will be wearing masks at all times and socially distancing. We have installed monitors and webcams in each studio to create a hybrid studio in which our classes will be in studio and virtual on Zoom. Please keep your child home if they are not feeling 100%. Dancers can take the class at home on Zoom anytime. We know that DANCE is an important part of our dancer’s social, emotional and physical health. They need their dance family more than ever! We look forward to a wonderful dance season and with the cooperation of everyone, we can work together for our children’s safety.
● Class size is limited
● One parent of a student age 2,3,4 or 5 may come into the studio
● All other parents and family members will not be allowed into the school
● Students will be dropped off for their class with their dancewear already on and carry their dance shoes in a small bag that may only contain absolute essentials and can bring a clearly labeled water bottle. There is no food allowed in the building
● Please remember to use the bathroom at home before you go to the studio.
● Only one student at a time will be allowed to use the bathroom and hands will be sanitized when they come back to the dance room
● Students should not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to the start of their class. The class before must be dismissed before the next class(es) can line up socially distanced to come in. If you arrive early, please wait in your car.
● Students will be greeted by a staff member at the upstairs entrance when the studio cleaning has been finished and it is time to start the class. They will have their temperature taken with a contact-free thermometer and hands sanitized with an unscented hand sanitizer spray which is CDC, WHO and FDA compliant for Covid-19 sanitizing standards and kills 100% COVID-19 virus.
● Anyone showing the slightest signs of illness or a temperature greater than or equal to 100.4F will not be allowed to take class and will be asked to wait at least 72 hours after symptoms have resolved without medication. Parents should not leave the parking lot until their child has passed through the temperature check.
● Students and staff will wear facemasks at all times and adhere to the six feet physical distance rule
● Masks must fit properly and securely. Test the mask by having your child jump up and down several times to be sure that it stays in place. Disposable 3 layer masks are at the studio if a student’s breaks.
● 6 feet spaces will be clearly marked along the way to the studios and each studio has clear 6 foot spacing marking
● After class, students will put their street shoes back on, have their hands sanitized and be released one at a time to meet their ride. Students must be picked up promptly.
● Our dance supplies will be closed to walk-in customers. Items can be pre-ordered and paid for online and will be given to the student on the day of class.
● We will offer Zoom classes for those students who do not feel ready to be back in the classroom, not feeling 100% or for make up classes
● Please inform the studio, by email or phone, if your child has had an exposure to Covid-19 or tests positive for Covid-19, so that we can keep our dance families informed.
Thank you for your cooperation.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email or call the studio, as we would be happy to assist you.